citizens' toolkit for bloomington
The Citizens' Toolkit for Bloomington website provides voting information for
Bloomington and Monroe County residents. Citizens' Toolkit for Bloomington
will provide the following...
- Voter Registration Information
- Candidate List and Profiles
- Early Voting and Mail-in Absentee Voting Information
- Polling Place Finder (Find your precinct and polling place location on the WWW!)
Development of the Citizens' Toolkit for Bloomington is ongoing. We will be
updating information on the site up to and including Election Day, Nov. 2.
citizens' toolkit usa
Citizens' Tollkit is a project designed to make information about the
workings of America's democratic institutions more accessible and
understandable to her citizens.
- Citizens' Toolkit will be, when completed, a freely available
downloadable desktop computer application which intelligently
aggregates and presents the voting record and floor speeches of
members of Congress, Executive branch documents as well as the text
of Federal Judiciary rulings.
- The Citizens' Toolkit application will enable scholars and citizens
to research, compare and analyze the actions of their representatives
in Congress, important executive branch officials, and high court jurists
based on public comments, voting records and press accounts.
- In addition, the software code developed to create this application
will be made publicly available for third party use through an open source
license so that independent groups may contribute to the development effort.
- The application itself will be made available to the public for free.
Development of the Citizens' Toolkit is ongoing. A rudimentary
prototype has been created using the Java programming language which
allows the Toolkit to be run on most computer platforms.